Down the road, I’ll start interviewing candidates for the Boulder Swim for Life Teacher Training Program. Experience as a swimming instructor is not required. Swimming ability is required.
The educational objectives of the Boulder Swim for Life Teacher Training Program are:
1. To assist individuals in becoming skilled professional swimming instructors with a working knowledge of stroke mechanics and the ability to make a personal connection with their students.
2. To aid instructors in developing healthy work habits, which will help them avoid practitioner burn-out and understand their limits.
3. To shed light on how to work with fear, trauma, and sensory integration issues.
4. To guide individuals in personal development and awareness, which will enhance their ability to work with integrity, depth, and compassion.
5. To increase individuals’ sensitivities to the inter-connection between body, mind, and spirit.
6. To establish and maintain a co-creative atmosphere of learning and exploration.
I’ll provide more details as we get closer to the beginning of the program.